Amsterdam-Duivendrecht, The Netherlands, October 10, 2017 – Kiadis Pharma N.V. (“Kiadis Pharma” or the “Company”) (Euronext Amsterdam and Brussels: KDS), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative products to make bone marrow transplantations safer and more effective for patients suffering from blood cancers and inherited blood disorders, today announces that it has raised gross proceeds of €18 million through an undocumented private placement of 2.25 million new shares to institutional investors via an accelerated bookbuilding process as announced on October 9, 2017 (the “Placing”). The Placing was completed at a subscription price of €8.00 per share and represented 15.0% of the issued share capital of the Company prior to the transaction.
The new ordinary shares will rank pari passu in all respects with the currently outstanding shares of the company and are expected to be listed and traded on Euronext Amsterdam and Brussels on October 12, 2017. Following the Placing, the issued share capital of the Company will be 17,287,397.
The proceeds from the Placing, combined with €2.3 million received by Kiadis Pharma from the exercise of warrants placed pursuant to the Company’s private placement of June 13, 2017, will allow the company to draw down an additional €5 million of debt financing from Kreos Capital as announced on August 17, 2017.
Kiadis Pharma intends to use the net proceeds of the Placing to:
– advance the Phase III international, randomized, controlled, multicentre clinical trial for ATIR101TM in the United States, Canada and Europe;
– secure additional manufacturing capacity at vendors and lease its own commercial
– prepare Kiadis Pharma for launch of ATIR101TM in the EU in 2019 by investing in medical affairs, market access preparation and re-imbursement discussions;
– pursue ATIR201TM and a new study combining ATIR101TM with the Baltimore protocol and/or
another T-cell depleted hematopoietic stem cell transplantation;
– expand the organization to accommodate the increased number of activities;
– apply funds for debt repayment, capital expenditure, general and administrative expenses, general corporate purposes in line with Kiadis Pharma’s strategy and other working capital needs.
Arthur Lahr, CEO of Kiadis Pharma, commented: “With this €18 million private placement, the €2.3 million proceeds from warrants, and the €5 million tranche from Kreos Capital once drawn down, Kiadis Pharma will add a total of €25 million to its balance sheet. This will fund the Company into 2019 and thus beyond the potential H2 2018 (conditional) approval of ATIR101TM in Europe.
The offering was oversubscribed and we have now reached the maximum number of shares that can be added to our listing without the publication of a prospectus. We are pleased to see existing shareholders increase their holdings and welcome a number of new investors.
Kiadis Pharma is well on track to bring ATIR to patients, to help address the high rates of relapse and graft versus host disease with current transplantation approaches.”
Jefferies International Limited acted as Sole Bookrunner and Canaccord Genuity Limited and Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. acted as Lead Managers in connection with the Placing. Chardan and Saola Healthcare Partners acted as financial advisors to the Company.